Sigh. To those Americans who feel that football players who kneel during the National Anthem disrespect the troops or the country or the flag, you are hopelessly confused, and that’s understandable. When you’ve been made to focus so much–almost exclusively, even–on the symbols that (supposedly) represent the grand ideals of America, rather than on the ideals themselves, of course you’re going to lose track of what those symbols are symbols of. Continue reading
- But That Was Then, This Is Now: Part 5 Black Incarceration
- But That Was Then, This Is Now: Part 4: The Racial Wealth Gap
- But That Was Then, This Is Now : Part 3 A Little Property History
- But That Was Then, This Is Now : Part 2 Housing Inequality
- But That Was Then, This Is Now : Part 1 Introduction
- Trump’s Telephone Tangle, Untied
- From Facebook to Flipboard: How I Avoid the Information Bubble
- Salsbury’s Slavery Spectacular!
- This Entire Fucking Country is Mentally Ill
- Covert Centralization?
What Folks Have Been Reading
Archives: The Whole Shebang
WHAT I HAVE BEEN READING