So, Facebook is in the doghouse for letting Cambridge Analytica steal information from some fifty million people. This information may then have been used to manipulate voters in the 2016 presidential election. It’s not clear at this point to what degree that has happened, but this is what’s supposedly possible: Facebook has so much information on you, from all the little quizzes you take and from all the things you read and share and “like”, that when an analytics company gets its hands on that info, it can form a pretty detailed psychographic profile of you. Continue reading
- But That Was Then, This Is Now: Part 5 Black Incarceration
- But That Was Then, This Is Now: Part 4: The Racial Wealth Gap
- But That Was Then, This Is Now : Part 3 A Little Property History
- But That Was Then, This Is Now : Part 2 Housing Inequality
- But That Was Then, This Is Now : Part 1 Introduction
- Trump’s Telephone Tangle, Untied
- From Facebook to Flipboard: How I Avoid the Information Bubble
- Salsbury’s Slavery Spectacular!
- This Entire Fucking Country is Mentally Ill
- Covert Centralization?
What Folks Have Been Reading
Archives: The Whole Shebang
WHAT I HAVE BEEN READING