In her book Daring Greatly, self-help guru Brené Brown talks about gremlins as being the voices in our heads that tell us we must do this, we must behave so, we should have done that, etc. The gremlins are the critics–our parents, society, or our own (unrealistic) expectations for ourselves. The idea is to identify those gremlins and then basically tell them to shut up. There’s a little more to it than that, but that’ll do for the purpose of this post. Continue reading
- From Facebook to Flipboard: How I Avoid the Information Bubble
- Salsbury’s Slavery Spectacular!
- This Entire Fucking Country is Mentally Ill
- Covert Centralization?
- American Eugenics and the Holocaust
- Finally Going to the Aldi!
- Zwarte Piet : Putting Him Into Perspective, Again!
- When I was a Kid : Showing my Age
- Propaganda’s for Chumps
What Folks Have Been Reading
Archives: The Whole Shebang
WHAT I HAVE BEEN READING