This is not the sharpest of photos, because I took it with my cell phone at a traffic light here in downtown Austin. At dusk, the grackles congregate on the power lines, preferably along the roads and above parking lots. The sound is indescribable–loud but pleasant, like the sound of the shower in the morning. On hot days it almost makes it feel cooler.
- Zwarte Piet : Putting Him Into Perspective, Again!
- When I was a Kid : Showing my Age
- Propaganda’s for Chumps
- The Thanksgiving Gremlins
- The Zwarte Piet Debacle From the Outside, Again
- Playing the Scammer
- The November 4 Demonstration
- Fascism in America 11: Conclusion
- Fascism in America 10: Suppression of Dissent and Propaganda
What Folks Have Been Reading
Archives: The Whole Shebang
WHAT I HAVE BEEN READING