Not worrying about money, or getting fired, or getting sick, or not being able to retire, or how to pay for the kids’ colleges.
- Having all my friends within visiting distance.
- Having seven weeks paid vacation plus vacation pay (like a thirteenth month’s salary).
- Going to the doctor or hospital without my wallet.
- Walking around the Saturday market and buying big, beautiful bunches of flowers that last for weeks and only cost a few euros.
- Traveling by train. Relaxing and looking out the window with a cup of Earl Grey tea instead of sitting in traffic.
- Taking the ferry to England and hitchhiking to the Cairngorms or the Lake District or wherever, and hiking around, camping in the wild.
- Cycling for the purpose of getting somewhere.
- Sleeping with the windows open (scorpions would crawl in if I did that here).
- Watching a decent documentary on TV without having to subscribe to HBO.
- From Nationalism to Patriotism, Again
- Neither Racist Nor Responsible?
- From Nationalism to Patriotism: A Girl Can Dream
- Whenever You’re Ready
- Collective Stockholm Syndrome: The Reason Facts Don’t Convince?
- Open Letter To Livid Boy Scouts Parents
- The Myth Of Parties Of Ideas
- A Personal Request
- Adrift in Books
- Followed By the Pound Key
What Folks Have Been Reading
Archives: The Whole Shebang
WHAT I HAVE BEEN READING