Not worrying about money, or getting fired, or getting sick, or not being able to retire, or how to pay for the kids’ colleges.
- Having all my friends within visiting distance.
- Having seven weeks paid vacation plus vacation pay (like a thirteenth month’s salary).
- Going to the doctor or hospital without my wallet.
- Walking around the Saturday market and buying big, beautiful bunches of flowers that last for weeks and only cost a few euros.
- Traveling by train. Relaxing and looking out the window with a cup of Earl Grey tea instead of sitting in traffic.
- Taking the ferry to England and hitchhiking to the Cairngorms or the Lake District or wherever, and hiking around, camping in the wild.
- Cycling for the purpose of getting somewhere.
- Sleeping with the windows open (scorpions would crawl in if I did that here).
- Watching a decent documentary on TV without having to subscribe to HBO.
- But That Was Then, This Is Now: Part 5 Black Incarceration
- But That Was Then, This Is Now: Part 4: The Racial Wealth Gap
- But That Was Then, This Is Now : Part 3 A Little Property History
- But That Was Then, This Is Now : Part 2 Housing Inequality
- But That Was Then, This Is Now : Part 1 Introduction
- Trump’s Telephone Tangle, Untied
- From Facebook to Flipboard: How I Avoid the Information Bubble
- Salsbury’s Slavery Spectacular!
- This Entire Fucking Country is Mentally Ill
- Covert Centralization?
What Folks Have Been Reading
Archives: The Whole Shebang
WHAT I HAVE BEEN READING