My (at the time 2-year-old) son says almost everything in English, but he does understand my Dutch. It does lead to misunderstandings, though, like recently at the zoo. I told him he could give the goat an “aai” (a pat), so he promptly poked the poor beast in the eye. Later, at home, we practiced patting his pet monkey, giving it lots of “aaien,” because the next animal may not be as forgiving as that goat was.
- Zwarte Piet : Putting Him Into Perspective, Again!
- When I was a Kid : Showing my Age
- Propaganda’s for Chumps
- The Thanksgiving Gremlins
- The Zwarte Piet Debacle From the Outside, Again
- Playing the Scammer
- The November 4 Demonstration
- Fascism in America 11: Conclusion
- Fascism in America 10: Suppression of Dissent and Propaganda
What Folks Have Been Reading
Archives: The Whole Shebang
WHAT I HAVE BEEN READING